Welcome to the Zoology Department Invertebrate Collections
The Quick Browse options on the right provide access to the following sets of our data:
We claim copyright to our data. The information is available ONLY for not-for-profit scientific use with the stipulation that FMNH be clearly identified as the source of the data. We request copies or reprints of publications that are based on our collections.
- Items with Images - All specimen records with attached images.
- Invertebrates - The entire Invertebrates specimen database.
- Mollusks - Only the molluscan specimen records.
- Non-Molluscan Invertebrates - Only the specimen records that are not Molluscan lots.
- Hydrothermal Vent Invertebrates - All specimen records from Hydrothermal Vents (Molluscan and non-Molluscan).
- Invertebrates from wood falls - All specimen records of wood fall fauna from the deep North Pacific Ocean.
- Malacological Journals and Newletters Online Database - A Bibliographic database of Malacological Journals (no specimen records).
Citing this database: If you wish to refer to this database in a publication, use the following attribution: "Field Museum of Natural History (2007): The Invertebrate Zoology Collections Database, Division of Invertebrates, Zoology Department, Field Museum of Natural History, Chicago. http://emuweb.fieldmuseum.org/iz/Query.php"
Contact the collection manager for direct assistance related to Invertebrate Zoology data.